This shaft is closest to the adit mouth and had long been known as the shaft pinge (funnel-shaped depression in the ground).
It is possibly identical with one of the two shafts shown on the map of HAUZEUR (1729), of which the southern one is named "Saint Francisca Shaft", but the northern one has no name. In the outline of ERDMENGER (1818) this shaft is missing and the route of the adit goes over the abandoned section at the shaft. The shaft was reopened in 1992. The dimensions are about 1.0 m x 2.0 m at a depth of about 9.80 m. The shaft was excavated in its entirety. The shaft was reworked in its entirety. The original floor level is slightly higher than the later gallery floor. The shaft sump extends below the gallery floor. In 1995, the shaft was given the name "HÜTTEN-SCHACHT" in memory of the Dillingen ironworks, which had operated the copper mine from 1824 to 1828 and again in 1915/16.